Our San Jose Chiropractor Offers Treatments for Common Disc Problems
As a popular chiropractor in San Jose, also serving Cupertino, Campell, and nearby CA communities,Dr. Choispends a lot of his time helping people recover from lower back pain, leg pain, and other symptoms associated with disc problems. In many cases, his natural and drug-free services can help people avoid surgery and long-term complications associated with their condition.
CommonDisc Problems Treated by Our San Jose & Cupertino Chiropractor
You have many intervertebral discs in your spine (located the neck, mid back, and lower back), sandwiched between your vertebrae. They're important for bothmobility and shock absorption.
For various reasons, and like any other connective tissue within your body, these discs can become injured or damaged in certain cases. The three most common disc problems we treat at our clinic include:
- Bulging disc: gel inside the disc bulges out of place, which may cause it to compress on the nearby spinal nerve root, ligament, or muscle
- Herniated disc: a tear in the outer layer of the disc allows the inner gel-like fluid to leak out into the surrounding joint space; this also may lead to compression of nearby nerve roots
- Degenerative disc disease: a consequence of "wear and tear" on the discs, degenerative disc disease leads to progressive damage and thinning of the discs and joint space narrowing between the vertebral bodies; bone spurs may develop in addition to compression of nearby nerve connective tissue structures
Disc injuries can occur to anyone, but especially people who have physically demanding jobs, people who perform a lot of repetitive bending and lifting, people who are overweight, people who smoke, and, perhaps counterintuitively, people who are very sedentary.
Common Disc InjurySymptoms
Interestingly, not all disc problems will lead to symptoms, and if they do, the symptoms can be different for each individual. A few of the common ones we may see include:
- Neck, upper, or lower back pain (depending on the level of disc injury)
- Muscle stiffness and tenderness at the level of the disc injury
- Signs of nerve impingement: limb pain (often shooting or searing), numbness, weakness, and tingling along the affected nerve's innervation path
How Our San Jose Chiropractor Diagnoses & Treats Disc Injuries
Our San Jose chiropractor can diagnose a disc problem based on a thoroughphysicalexamination and patient history taking. Based on his diagnosis,your symptoms, yourlifestyle, and your goals, he can implement a customized treatment plan using services such as:
- Spinal decompression (negative pressure attracts healing molecules to your discs!)
- Massage therapy
- Corrective exercises
- Postural screens and adjustments
Contact Our Chiropractor in Cupertino& San Jose Today
Don't let disc pain and injury hold you back in life. For non-invasiverelief from your symptoms, call Next Chiropractic & Sports Clinic today at408-260-0222 to get in contact with an experienced and dedicatedchiropractor in Cupertino and San Jose.